Support

Delane

- EU client trying to log on RU realm
vs
- RU client trying to log on EU realm.

I have only purchased a trial bot license specifically to check if it could work with this Blizzard's restriction.

Delane

sure, but the whole intention for me was to play on RU realm. I wanted to support my guild with bots resources to avoid grind and maybe also pay for subs for my guild members.

The bot works only with EU client, which I would gladly prefer, but Blizzard thinks I should not do that.

I am not trying to claim that it's a downside of the bot, but it would be really nice to have it to work with other locales OR somehow the ability to force the client to use English by patching it.

Merdos

In reply to Sericoncept: [i'm suprise that you cannot play on RU server with the language you want]

its been liek that for years

Delane

Unfortunately, yes, they introduced that because earlier EU guys could use RU battle net accounts and have cheaper subs, but now it's not the case. You can create characters on EU realms, but you have to change client language.

Regarding the "solution" - I have quickly checked the contents of the addon itself, most of the abilities are coded as plain strings, ex:

> if Player.Spells["Feral Charge"] or Player.Spells["Faerie Fire (Feral)"] then
meaning the whole thing has to be rewritten to support local spell names to be called through internal API rather than written in plain English.

This could be an immense amount of work with somehow questionable benefit I assume.

It might be easier to rather find a way to patch WoW client like CN players used to do. This is a risk, but botting is a risk anyway.

Merdos

In reply to Delane: [Unfortunately, yes, they introduced that because earlier EU guys could use RU battle net accounts and have cheaper subs, but now it's not the case. You can create characters on EU realms, but you have to change client language.

Regarding the "solution" - I have quickly checked the contents of the addon itself, most of the abilities are coded as plain strings, ex:

> if Player.Spells["Feral Charge"] or Player.Spells["Faerie Fire (Feral)"] then
meaning the whole thing has to be rewritten to support local spell names to be called through internal API rather than written in plain English.

This could be an immense amount of work with somehow questionable benefit I assume.

It might be easier to rather find a way to patch WoW client like CN players used to do. This is a risk, but botting is a risk anyway.]

okay all aside i gotta say you are one of the most reasonable "customers" i've ever seen in the botting community! welcome here man, i hope inner can do smth for you

Delane

In reply to Merdos: [okay all aside i gotta say you are one of the most reasonable "customers" i've ever seen in the botting community! welcome here man, i hope inner can do smth for you]

Thank you :) and I hope there will be a way to make it work.

I might try to rewrite the addon part of the bot to utilize localized names, and if it will look as a scalable and reasonable solution - I'll make a suggestion here.
I am not very familiar with wow API to make any serious claims, but I'll give it a try.